HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do different cases matter?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Ridge Runner
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I agree RR. But even brass chemical composition varies from lot to lot. What I am saying is that if you load below maximum charge listed in a loading manual (which even varies from manual to manual) the only "problem" you will encounter is a loss of accuracy. But for hunting except at extreme ranges is not that big a deal. There WILL be pressure differences with the same charge between brass manfs. but the pressures for all cases will be under the recommended allowed for the chambering.
how much under? basicly what your saying is they will go bang?
in some cases the pressure will be below minimum even with a midlevel load using slow burning powder which can be just as dangerous as an over pressure load. that's why its a good idea to constantly work uploads as you replace brass,and its a lot easier to keep the brass segregated into separate lots and makes, its also a good idea to keep each batch on the same number of firings, my 7mm AM using lapua brass makes higher and higher pressure each time the brass is fired until it gets above 3600 fps, then I anneal, its right back to 3510 fps then.
RR