HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3* ~ Red Dawn Raiders
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Matchbook454
Fork Horn

Well, my 2014 season is over. I hunted 7 days this spring in OK, IL, and WI. OK and IL were new properties that I have never hunted or stepped foot on. The WI property is the only one that I have hunted before. I filled 5 tags this spring and should have gone 6 for 6. The only tag I didn't fill was an IL tag on a 2 day hunt. I came really close though the last day 10 min. before our 1:00 deadline. I finally patterned the birds and knew that they were really henned up still. Only gobbles I heard on the ground both days were after 12:30. I did have their route figured out though and if I had 1 more day I'm sure I would have connected. Still can't complain though and can't wait to hit that property again next year. I'll also be guiding in OK, and possibly in IL and again so I'm hoping to extend my time in the woods and help get a few more turkeys killed. This season went by too fast imo. Here's the last bird of my season - a nice 3 yr old with a lot of red in his feathers - common to the turkeys in this area. Called him in from about a 1/4 mile for some excitement. His beard was only 9-5/8" but very thick - probably the thickest I've ever taken.