HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Member
Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 06:19 PM
broncocliff
Spike

Default ?????

Muley - thank you so much for your input, I really appreciate it. I was thinking about turning in the cow tag and getting the OTC bull but I'm not sure yet what to do.
I'm having a hard time with elk hunting in general. I have not harvested an elk yet, I have gotten plenty of deer just no elk. I have been hunting them for 10 years now but only in the last 4 years been hard hunting them. Before it was just messing around, driving around nothing to really find elk. But now I hike and scout as much as I can to get away from the crowds. I did see a cow two years ago but had a bull tag, dang it. My goal now is to harvest an elk and get some meat!! Like I said in my first post I hunt on foot, hike around all day to find something. Most of the time I don't run into to many hunters. Unit 15 had more hunters in last year then unit 55 and I didn't seem to see to many hunters.
So now I need to decide if the cow elk will work for that area. I have only been up there once so I need to do a lot of scouting this summer if I decide to stay in unit 55.
So what do you suggest Muley, seems like you know what you are talking about.
Suggestions for the area, what to do, where to go??? Jeez