HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - IDNR does nothing for the 2014/15 DEER SEASONS. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:11 PM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
Rockport, I'll have to take a look at my topos and keep that in mind when I scout. I'm always looking for new ideas to try. I know we have the big bucks running around, I just seem to always come up just a little short with the true giants.

Saluki, I completely agree. We have a lot of basket rack 6 and 8 points and even some good 2.5 year old 9 and 10 points. This is the first year that no one shot any of those up and comers. I'll be curious to see what next year holds. I've already done a day of shed hunting and since the winter kills were very minimal I think we should have some good bucks this fall. I don't think people realize the kind of jump a 2.5 year can make to a 3.5 year old.
Its basically just hunting funnels,pinch points,shelves etc. Putting those things ahead of obvious deer sign that was likely made at night.

These boys will often sneak by right under your nose. They will be just off of where you think they will be.

Last edited by rockport; 04-09-2014 at 05:52 PM.