HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 11:33 AM
SouthernStrut56
Nontypical Buck

Default Got us one

Welcome Blackheel, great to have you........he will definitely kill some birds for us.

I got my first bird of the season this morning around 9:00. Got on a couple gobbling real light and weak, one was a jake that we ended up calling up. Once the jake left we made our way to the fields and spotted some birds being real freaky...(actually watched a strutter breed a hen). We didn't have a shot at that point so we left them alone and let them walk away down the field. We doubled back and came down on them from the woods, called and scratched a little, and ended up calling the whole flock straight up the hill to us. This one strutted up the hill behind a hen til I popped him. The long beard xr shells really ate his face up. Weighed 18lb 8oz, 10.25" beard, right spur 1", left spur 7/8".

Let me know if the pics are ok Phil. I didn't have a tape measure with me in the woods so I had to stop by the folks house to do the measuring. While I was there I got another picture of me and the bird with the date showing just in case. Do I need to post on another thread or is this one good enough?

In the woods after the kill.

The calls that brought them our way, plus a mouth call and scratchin'.

18lb 8oz

Beard, 10.25"

Spurs