HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - KY Grouse hunters 2014
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 04:45 PM
ihookem1
Fork Horn

Park Falls is in Price co . I also have a place in Price co. It makes very little difference as far as I know. Perhaps there is less hunting pressure on the west side of Price co. Grouse hunting pressure is low all over it seems. There are walking trails everywhere. I wouldn't bother with those though. I would drive smaller gravel roads on public land and find any place with a small over grown atv trail, or another good idea is find a good size creek or river and follow the ridge. Seems a lot of grouse near the thick areas along rivers. Like I said grouse pressure seems real low the last few years. I don't even hunt them but scouting the week before gun season I kicked up enough that maybe I would start again. Price co is " The Ruffed Grouse Capital Of The World !!!!" Don't let that fool you. There is little difference if any between the adjoining counties. Sawyer co is to the west. A typical northern county. Rough, thick, mostly flat land. Bring a compass and and GPS with maps. Rusk co is a bunch more farm but has some darn big woods. Taylor is to the south. A little more populated but has N.F. and should be good but I would say has a bit more hunting pressure, not that there is much. If you bring a dog be a bit carefull. Wolves will kill a dog in a hurry. A Minnesota hunter stopped me and asked if I saw a dog anywhere. I told him no and took his number. The guy said he was hunting, and all the sudden just disappeared . That is a typical wolf kill. Another hunter I read saw a few wolves rip up a bird dog. He shot one of the wolves. No charges will be filed so shoot away for the dogs sake. Also, there is public land almost everywhere.