HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scope replacement
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 10:50 AM
craig
Fork Horn

Here is the link I didn't get up the other night to check out the new Crossbow scope from Vortex Optical.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...-1-moa-reticle

This link I chose as it shows the new XBR scopes reticule very, very well. You can also get all the info that Vortex has up regarding the new scope with just a few clicks.

This new scope is in a class all it's own when it comes to the quality of this scope when compared to ALL other "made for crossbow" scopes currently on the market today. Just look at all the much higher quality items built into this scope when compared to all others, most of all perhaps when comparing it to the Leupold, Redfield, Nikon & Hawke scopes out now......pretty much no comparison. The new Vortex scope sets a whole new standard for quality & features, as such it's in a new class of it's own.

1)Greater power range of 2.5-10x good for both the hunter & target shooter.

2) Brighter as it uses very low dispersion glass & multi coatings + a 44mm objective lens to take in more light.

3) A great reticule for crossbows with a dozen hash marks for ranges + illumination of 6 of them.

4) Relatively short & light for all it offers at 12" length & 19oz. weight.

That's all the great things I see with this scope. Now for the bad news.

This scope is expected to cost about $600, which sets a new standard for prices for crossbow scopes as no other costs even 2/3's this amount. But quality costs.....alot.

I hope it's of some interest to you.

Last edited by craig; 01-17-2014 at 10:54 AM.