HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

The really weird thing on this whole deal is that Botta explains in that lengthy post about the guy cancelling a hunt and why he won't refund the $2K, but he keeps saying he was offering the guy all kinds of different hunts that he didn't want. If the latter is the case, why was a check for $2K sent and cashed? Is there an outfitter that got 90% of that check to hold a hunt and if there is Botta couod have him come forward, but that hasn't happened. First you need to book a hunt and that is what the $2K should have been for. The complainant says he sent the check early in the year, but didn't say he had actually booked a hunt anywhere for that $2K. All he says is that he didn't want any of the hunts offered him and asked for his money back. The website says you can get a refund if done 6 months or more before a booked, scheduled hunt and I think that would be what this situation might come under. Who knows, but if I was Botta I would have sent the guy the $2K and been done with it well before any posts got out all over the internet dissing his business. This is just my opinion from trying to put all the pieces together and it's so messed up that there is no way anyone can actually say who's at fault because neither has come forward with the signed contract that supposedly exists and that should spell out all the details to help solve the situation!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-16-2014 at 12:03 PM.