HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food Plot Success?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 05:13 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned.....if You don't plant a large area the soybeans will be eaten down in a very short time,and usually when they are just up a few inches when young and tender.We planted some of the new Durana Clover that is more tolerant to drought and it grows really well and competes with grass and weeds better....I planted several small plots in the Big a Timber /Woods and on a few logging road areas and it did really well and would recommend that type of Clover!If You can plow and disc the ground the Durana Clover will do even better,where we planted the Clover in the woods we cleaned up several areas with hand rakes then came back in with a small ATV disc and a 4-Wheeler and broke up the ground fairly well then we spread granulated lime and the Clover and it did really well.

I planted 2 small Plots of the Pennington Durana Clover on our Farm and it keeps getting thicker and greener while taking over the grasses and weeds where I had trouble all the years before of keeping out weeds and growing different types of seed!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 01-11-2014 at 05:25 PM.