HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first elk. Dec. 27.
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
at a running elk moving a mediocre 35 mph it takes 26' of lead at 500 yards plus bullet drop to make the hit, if your squeezing the trigger holding 26 feet of lead how can you still be holding 20" of up to make up for bullet drop? sorry I'm not buying the whole story.
RR
***RR---I'm glad you made that post because you're the guru of long range hunting/shooting on this website and what you posted is exactly why we are all calling BS. Even at half that speed it would still be a 13' lead for cripes sakes and he's trying to equate it with a standing target. In other words, he's trying to compare/equate that running shoot at 500 yards to LR hunting just because they're using that adjustable Huskemaw scope with adjustable turrets like you guys use and that know all the ins and outs of wind doping, etc. just to be as close to 100% sure you're on the button to hit a stationary target. Trying to equate themselves with guys like yourself that do standing shots with shooting at running game is an afront to you and all the rest of ethical hunters everywhere.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-01-2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling