HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shed Antler Traps
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

It does happen in several different ways! Generally they hit the two top strands when jumping the fence because they don't get high enough and the wires wrap around one or both hocks. I saw a nice mulie a year ago out in Wyoming and he had at least a 20' long strand of barbed wire with the end wrapped around his rack, neck and shoulder area. I'm guessing that the length that was still dangling out quite a ways behind him probably got caught on something after I saw him and he probably died a lousy death. I'm hoping that maybe the wire was rusted enough that maybe it broke off, but I doubt it. It was near the road I was on going through a big ranch and I couldn't find anyone to tell them they should go shoot him and I sure wasnt going to do it myself on private property. If it had been on public land, I'd have used my tag on him even though he wasn't a buck I would normally get excited about and shoot. I don't know if I can find the picture I took of him, but if I can I'll come back and put it on this post.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-29-2013 at 04:00 PM.