HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting in PA
Thread: Hunting in PA
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Gunplummer
Typical Buck

I did not get a deer in Pa. this year, but I saw deer. Sometimes you just can not get a decent shot. I mostly went the second week and they were still pretty well spooked. Really no acorns in this area this year, so the deer head for the laurel and housing developments for feed. I really spent a lot of time walking around checking new areas out. Get a little snow and it is the thing to do. If you just keep going to a dead area, you will see nothing. It is hard to believe but the deer are coming back in some areas. In some areas I walked all day and saw not one hunter until I got back to the parking lot. Lack of hunters is helping some areas. I agree with some of you about the disgusting way the herd was beat into the dirt. Deer are more than just "Herd" animals. They have family groups and instincts that the "Deer experts" do not understand. They do not just spill over into the next mountain when they overpopulate on one mountain. Either way, I think the "Deer experts" are starting to see the light. They will never admit they are wrong, but I see the tags are being cut back on. The extended doe season went back to County specific instead of the unit. Up north some of the WMU's are cut back to one week of doe. If they would get rid of the early muzzleloader season it would really make a difference. It would mean some hunters would have to bite the bullet for a while, but it would be a good thing in the long run.