HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - abnormal antlers
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 10:58 AM
skinnnner
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Wayspr
Good Lord! So the guy shot what he thought was a doe, ended up being a spike. Then does the same thing again. 200 yards, not great light, small spindly spike, other broken off on both deer. I use good optics, can't guarantee I would have seen those spikes under those conditions. Here's an example from a couple weeks ago, late evening, 175 yards, out walks a doe by herself, raised rifle, DRT. At dark walked down to her, noticed bumps on head, opened legs, button buck. No game laws broken, club rule broken for taking under 6 pts, $100 paid, honest mistakes happen. Does he have an obligation to know what he's shooting at? Absolutely 100% yes. Was it a mistake? Says it was, I'll take him at his word as he hasn't developed a pattern of lying as some others have. Why do we have to rip every person that makes a post on this site?
Yes well a button buck is still considered a doe.i wonder if a co would see it in the same way you do,i doubt it atleast not around these parts.the biggest thing that gets me is that the op clearly did not know the full law about the three inch rule and no co would allow such an aliby as ignorance is not subject to any leniancy.not understanding the law just backs up any antihunters claimes that hunters are uneducated rednecks that dont care about the law.just the way i see it.