HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - abnormal antlers
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 06:26 AM
skinnnner
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***This still means he ATTEMPTED to violate the law EVEN IF he had already tagged the first deer with the 3" spike with his one anterless tag. He specifically stated in his first post that he shot the second one that had a six inch spike thinking it was a doe. If he had already used his doe tag on the 3" buck, he obviously shot at a deer he thought was a doe and didn't have a doe tag to legally use on the 6" buck, but was lucky it qualified as a buck and could use his buck tag on it. The only way he should have shot at that second deer he thought was a doe was if he was issued TWO doe tags and still had one of them left. Therefore, even if he was legal as far as the way he ended up tagging them, I"ll stand with my previous staements. I also would like to know why he says he made a mistake that he has to live with. That comment sounds like an admission of committing a violation, rather than just a booboo that was resolved by legally tagging them, especially with his longest post responding to mine regarding the mistake.
You beat me to the punch!thats why i asked about a buck tag being an either sex tag.always be sure of your target and beyond! This is a number one rule for many reasons.