HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - abnormal antlers
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 07:57 PM
buckman11
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***So examine them for another ten minutes and wait until there is enough light to be 100% sure of what you're shooting at. It would appear that you would have to have had an either sex tag to do what you did and not only once, but twice!!! What type of tag did you have that you could shoot those bucks legally when you thought they were does? When the same person shoots two deer the way you have described by mistake it also makes the rest of your post pretty lame. Sorry, but your initial posts on this site do not make you look very good. I've shot over 100 big game animals in many years of hunting and have never made the mistake that you have now made twice within the period of three days---just sayin!!!
considering they only had 1 spike. and they where about a half an inch around. I think the argument could be made. and on the matter of tags. Missouri spike limit is three inches so the first one was legal. the second one was just a mistake that I have to live with. but nobody is going to see 1 three inch spike from 200 yards away. like I said I have been hunting for years and pride myself as a hunter that abides by the law. I have let many bucks walk right by because I could not count the points. and I have let a lot of spikes go by that where obviosly illegal. but I would never carelessly shoot a deer like some of you people are suggesting. that is an insult to me and everything I stand for as a hunter.

Last edited by buckman11; 11-25-2014 at 12:57 PM.