HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's the Big Deal?!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 01:28 AM
Soupy1957
Spike

Default What's the Big Deal?!

Seems like there is a big push by Bow Hunters to advocate their chosen method of hunting, over others.

I get it...........a longer season overall, since you can take your bow out and hunt with it no matter WHO is out there (Muzzleloader, Rifle, etc).

On the other hand...........I don't like the idea of being so "hidden" that I put myself in danger. (I'm an advocate for wearing the "orange"). Someone said recently......"nobody said a bowhunter can't wear orange ya know," and of course he was right.

Being within 100 yards (typical for New England, as most of you know) is fine with me. Having to be within 25 yards (let's say, for sake of discussion) is forcing a few extra precautions I'd rather live without.

Then there are the baiters and tree-standers. Neither approach do I participate in, nor advocate. Stay on their level, and meet them on their terms. That would apply to "deer farms" as well.

You won't find ME out there on the weekends either, when the fields are flooded with hunters who couldn't get out during the week. I sympathize with their plight in that regard, but don't miss em. I much prefer the quiet woods, uncluttered with anything but wildlife.

Not trying to sound grumpy or argumentative here.........just opening up a few different cans of worms to entice conversation, is all.

-Soupy1957

Last edited by Soupy1957; 12-02-2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: P.S. to show disapproval for video insertion into my post that I didn't put there.