HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new member on a losing streak...
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Downrange40
Spike

Default new member on a losing streak...

Hello all,
new to the forum, but not to hunting. I hunt in Illinois on a nicely divided odd 80. see picture included. I am having a severe drought! I haven't seen or heard a deer in 3-4 days! I'm getting pretty discouraged as I can hear everyone around me banging away on shotgun season and archers dragging them out if the woods on my way home. in the map included I have all the stands marked as "A 1-10" and there are two half acre food plots with everything you can think of in them. I spend my mornings on the east side of the river in A5,7 or 8 and in the afternoons i'm in either A1 or 4. This property had heavy woods to the north with an open area in the middle then to the south and east similar. More heavy woods and a couple houses to the north east. The weather has been clear and cold in the mornings and cant seem to figure out why the deer are not moving. IM out there and in the stand by 6am till 9 and I come back in the afternoon from 2-5pm. and still nothing. Can anyone give me some input of some tactics that I may need to change or maybe try something else?
Thanks in advance!
Attached Images