HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - where do i hunt when deer are under high pressure
Old 11-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Gunplummer
Typical Buck

I just came back from hunting WV and the woods I hunt had very light pressure this year. I just had to find a spot no one went to. If there is heavy pressure there, hunters will move even the spooked night shift deer. If there is medium pressure (The worst case), there are enough hunters to spook all the deer into feeding at night. Light pressure and there will be places where the deer will still get up and feed during the day. You have to determine what the pressure level is where you hunt. If you say it is heavy, do as previous posters say and hit the thick inaccessable spots. If it is real cold, look for a spot where the sun really hits when it comes up. In the mountains you can hear the shooting pick up between 9:30-11:00 because the sun hits the one slope. I often walk around new areas by the 3rd day. Even if you spook deer and don't get a shot, you get an idea where they go and in the upcoming years it really pays off. Some years there may be little feed there and therefore, few deer. It is a learning process that only you can do.