HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newbie Camo Screw Up... Need Help Recovering please
Old 11-28-2013, 08:22 AM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

If you're buying from Cabelas, research their comments section for each individual item. Newer items might have only a few comments or no comments but the more established items will have dozens or more comments. You will need to actually read the comments as some are written by honest people and some are merely shills for the product or ignorant people who just want to see something they wrote printed, like "I just bought this camo and it looks great. I haven't used it yet but it looks great, etc." Find the posts written by people who hunt like you do and tell you how well (or not) the product works after sitting in the rain for a few hours.

Another thing you might consider is to do some research using whatever search engine you prefer. ANY waterproof item that "breathes" is only going to hold up to heavy rain for so long before it's overwhelmed. Rainproof items do need to have their water-proofness refreshed from time to time. And last, but not least, how many animals do you expect to see while sitting in the rain for an hour or more? Maybe you need to consider different times/weather, etc.

I am not holding myself out as an expert but these are some of the things I've noticed or observed over the years. Hopefully some of my favorite members will post something to help as well. Good luck and enjoy the process.

Last edited by CalHunter; 11-28-2013 at 07:06 PM.