HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I shot my 9-point buck while I was busy checking my trail camera! (caught on video!)
Old 11-24-2013, 09:51 AM
TSR6
Fork Horn

Default I shot my 9-point buck while I was busy checking my trail camera! (caught on video!)

The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklp2YQ5fSA

The story:

After getting cold on opening day, meeting up with dad at the field edge (and kicking up an unknown deer - possibly my buck) - we came up with the idea that dad was going to walk the woods to warm up - I was going to walk to the other edge of the woods to warm up and be ready for him to push the woods.

We were going to take our time, and I was going to take a few minutes to change out the memory card on my trail camera when I passed through an edge of the woods.

I pulled the camera down, changed the memory card, and went to rehang the camera to the tree when I heard something over my shoulder (You can see the moment that I realize there's a buck behind me on the video) - 20-25 yards out, here he comes. I set the camera down, turned, leaned over to shoot around a clump of trees, and shot my deer.

I had the trail camera on video mode, I tripped the sensor while trying to re-hang it to the tree, and it caught me shooting on video when I had to set it on the ground!!

Pure luck, and while it's not the best "video" of the action, I still think it's pretty cool that this video tells the entire story of how I shot my buck.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TSR6; 11-24-2013 at 10:00 AM.