HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Him, Again!!!
Thread: Him, Again!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 06:50 AM
DocD
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Semisane

Other questions you may consider Doc.

You don't shoot them under oak trees when the acorns are dropping, do you?

You don't shoot them when they are entering agricultural fields, do you?

You don't shoot them under apple/pear trees, do you?

You don't shoot them when they're distracted by the breeding imperative, do you?

You don't shoot them when they are entering or leaving their secure bedding area, do you?

Originally Posted by cayugad
You then also get into scents.. do you shoot them over mock scrapes? Do you shoot them at drip scent sights? How about decoys? I know a lot of people feel it gives hunters an unfair advantage when hunting at feeders, food plots, even bait piles, and maybe it does. But different methods will always change depending on the area we hunt. But that's one reason I use a muzzleloader.. kind of my way to even the odds. If all I wanted was a full freezer, I would take the AR15.
Originally Posted by Breechplug
Smelling Dinner is one thing, seeing it at the Table is another. Now I'm one for what ever one State say's is Legal, is Legal. That's there way and other's have there's, that's life and there way of it.
(BP)

Don't mean to "Beat a dead Horse" I agree with all of the above, esp Breechplug, What is legal where you hunt is non of my (or anyones business, However all the methods mention by Semisane & Cayugad are almost universally accepted, therefore everyone is on the same playing field, Those who Bait have an unfair advantage, & the only reason this concerns me (& not that much) is qualifying for the record book, Currently I think Deer taken by Baiting do qualify for the record, & this is just plan wrong, Now in fairness Mn where I do my hunting people are allowed to plant "Food Plots" which I will be the first to agree, is just "Fancy Baiting" I do not have any food plots, I do donate to food plots which are planted on Public land. For many years I hunted the far north, where hunting is hunting, a deer wouldn't know a cob of corn or an apple. I wish everyone could experence that type of hunting, I think in many ways hunting is becoming a lost art! Now I am reading with more and more frequency is having Dogs, Yes using dogs to track wounded Deer, Baiting is one thing, but if you can't track a deer maybe one should look for a new hobby, jmop