HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Him, Again!!!
Thread: Him, Again!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 11:58 AM
falcon
Boone & Crockett

I'm glad that PA doesn't allow hunting over feeders or baiting. Poachers would take full opportunity of that, and we have enough problems with poaching here as it is.
Oklahoma is a deer poachers paradise for several reasons, feeders being one. i own a piece of property east of I-35 that is seldom visited. The game cameras pick up big bucks in the summer. They are usually killed off by bow season opening day on 1 October.

OK is a funny place, both funny haha and funny weird. There is a law that forbids the baiting of turkeys. Why turkeys, when baiting deer is legal? Who knows.

That buck was frequenting a feeder about one mile from where the above photo was taken. Turkeys roost near there and they found the feeder. Scores of turkeys were eating the corn before dark. As a result deer and most of the hogs stopped coming.

One huge boar hog has been coming to that feeder in the daytime. Sometimes he shoos the turkeys off. i can't go after him because turkey season is open and i do not want to get caught at that feeder with a gun.

Deer have had a rough time for three years what with the drought. The deer in far SW OK are very poor because of the extreme drought conditions there.

My thing is supplementing the deer diet. i do not shoot deer at feeders but have no problem with those who do. Hogs are shot at feeders, in traps or wherever else they are found.

Last edited by falcon; 11-14-2013 at 03:42 PM.