HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Silly predicament
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 11:42 AM
snedd162
Fork Horn

Default Silly predicament

Im sure some of you will think this is silly but i feel very torn.

For the past 10 years I have hunted the same stand on opening day at the property I grew up hunting. I took my first deer from this stand and quite a few since then. The stand doesnt produce the most deer on the property but it holds a special spot in my heart i guess you can say, im sure many of you know what im talking about.

Well i hunted that stand a decent amount during the bow season and did not see a single deer (which is unusual).....there is another stand on the property that has been getting torn up all season long and since my uncle typically hunts that stand and will not be able to go out on opening day im torn as to whether i should hunt it or not.

basically do i say screw tradition and go after the deer movement? or do i take my chances and stick with my usual stand? Common sense would tell me go after the deer but everytime i think about it i just cant seem to commit

And this decision does matter bc where i hunt in upstate NY there is a TON of hunting pressure and after opening day i would say a third of the bucks around my property are harvested resulting in minimal deer sightings for the late season.

Hope you guys can relate and dont think im totally paranoid