HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Returning Champs - Team Pass Thru - #7
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 05:36 PM
sdhunter11
Typical Buck

Ok guys here is the story. I got today off because I have to work this weekend and figured I would go to a stand that is set for a west wind. It just so happened to be the same stand I took last years buck at. On the drive there I noticed how all the corn fields around that pasture had not even been touched yet and my heart sank. But I figured I had come this far, might as well sit the morning out anyway. I found myself in the stand a half hour before shooting light, Which was about 5:30. When It got light enough to kinda see I noticed a nice scrape line coming down one of the trails that was not there a few weeks ago when I last sat in this stand. About 5 minutes after 8 I could hear leaves crunching down the draw. This buck steps out and starts following the trail and freshening up the scrapes on the way. At first I was going to let him pass but then my mind started rolling. I only have 2 more days to hunt this entire month. Our new baby could be coming any day now. The farmers might not get this corn out until late this month. By the time I came back to myself the buck was standing at 13 yards broadside looking away from me lol. So I guess you could call it an offer I couldn't refuse. I drew and settled the pin and let'er buck. It all unfolded picture perfect. The buck jumped about 4ft in the air and gave his hind legs a kick and was off. He ran about 40 yards up the draw and stopped to look back and see what stung him. After a few seconds of looking he started wobbling and tipped over. I just got him scored and he came out to 127 p&y.