HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you don't wear a harness "Please read this"
Old 11-06-2013, 05:18 PM
browtine7
Typical Buck

This is a truly sad story. I posted on here last December about a buddy of mine falling approx. 15 feet and he was very lucky not to have any real serious injuries. He was in a ladder stand and the ratchet strap broke. We had always worn safety harness when in hang ons or climbers but never in ladder stands and he got really lucky. Well as a result of his fall we now not only wear a harness no matter what kind of stand we are in; but now when get in our climbers we attach the safety belt to the tree and keep it attached going up and coming down and thanks to this my same buddy was prevented from falling once again about 2 weeks ago. He was coming down the tree and at about 12 feet the top part of his climber broke. The cable broke where the c clamp goes through it. He was a little sore the next day from hanging in the harness for about 10 minutes but not nearly as bad as he would have been had he fell backwards to the ground. EVERYONE PLEASE BE SAFE CAUSE IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!