HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Few ar questions
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:18 AM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Personall attack aside i never said i wanted to hunt with an ar cause defense like u said some parts u might need a defense gun hunting vi seriously doubt colorado is one of those places

Its not i feel il be super cool with a ar in the woods i hate the cod wonnabes who think they need a red dot sight silencer and a grenade launcher on their guns. Like u said quick follow up shot reliability
Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Nah Homer, he said robed, not robbed. But that doesn't really clarify whether that means he's worried someone will attack him and put a robe ON him, or 'disrobe' the clothes he's already wearing.

There are certain parts of the country where I'd be worried enough about 2 legged critters that I wouldn't go hunting without a defensive weapon, a lot of ammo to feed it, and a buddy with the same. But Colorado isn't one of them. Not by a long shot. That's just stupid. But we've had this conversation before, Bigtim is kinda the type that makes me worry, since his posts inevitably always involve shooting people in one way or another.

As far as "the black rifle koolaid" goes, yeah, there are a lot of dumbazzes that live in the suburbs and commute to work in town in a jacked up F-250 "because they're a man and men drive trucks". BUT, that doesn't mean there aren't people that actually DO need an F-250. I've hunted with a LOT of different rifles over the years, and frankly, I'm hard pressed to say I like hunting with anything better than an AR-15. Do I need to stoke up a 30rnd magazine to go hunt deer? Nah. Do I load one up when I call coyotes? Yup. Did I pay a lot for a .243wssm upper? yup. Was paying a bit extra for it over a cheaper rifle a problem? Nope. Can I drop a buck at 600yrds with it? Yup. Can I pick up the doe standing next to him to fill the freezer with the second shot? Yup. Is that easier with a bolt rifle? Nope.

Not everybody that drives an F-250 has a jacked up, chromed out retardmobile. Not everybody that runs an AR has a 'tricked out tacticool Call of Duty' retardrifle either.