HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 9
Thread: Team 9
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 07:12 AM
whacker
Fork Horn

Pretty cut and dry on this buck. I have been hunting pretty hard and haven't seen much other than a few dinks that I have passed on. I killed him on public land, the same piece that slow draw killed his nice buck on last week. We work together. I got into the tree about 345 yesterday with a perfect wind for the tree I wanted to hunt that overlooked a cut corn field with a 20 yard wide strip of pines around it that dropped 20 feet straight down the waters edge. I killed a deer a few years ago that died on this edge and it is a thick nasty mix of frags, thorns, pines and tall grass. I let things calm down for about a half hour and made a few soft grunts and one bleat from the can and then sat back. 10 minutes later I catch movement in the thick stuff to my left and could see him tearing up a sapling. When he was done he made his way past me at 11 yards. I stopped him and double lunged him. He ran off about 60 yards and crashed. I'm headed out of the country this weekend and won't be able to score him for 10 days. I'll post him in the contest thread and put score tbd.
Attached Images