HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Story about what happened to me at school yesterday
Old 11-06-2003, 07:20 PM
deerhuntr107
Typical Buck

Default Story about what happened to me at school yesterday

I got there as usual for my 1st. period study hall. This is a 7:30. I sit down and say hi to my friend Danny. Well, one of the guys I hunt with, Chuck, comes running in and tells me that our shop teacher, Mr. Hall hit a doe and that he is looking for us cause he wants us to gut it for him. Mr. Hall doesnt hunt, but he likes deer meat!
I get in the shop and he is parked out side the Ag. shop and has her in the back of a Buick station waggon. We drag her out and he gives us his pocket knife cause thats all we got cause we are at school! We gutted her with a pocket knife, not as easy as with a hunting knife, and then had to wait on the sherriff go get there and take a report and give us a salvage tag. After that we load up the doe and the bucket of gut in the back of my truck and take the gut to the taxidermist shop and dump that in his barrel out back. Then dropped the doe off at the skinning and processing place. We got back and sprayed down the enterance to the ag shop and cleanded up a bit. We went to the office and they made us call home and get permission to go home! Said we couldnt stay at school with blood on our clothes. I had to take Chuck to his house and then come back to my house so we could change then went back to the school.
We started about 7:30 and got done and back to class at about 11:00. Half the da was over, we get out at 2:10! I love being part of a small town school[8D]