HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Rackoholics check in.
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:52 PM
RackLuster
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Mathews dxt. It's been a good bow, I've shot 15 deer with it so far. i'm ready to upgrade but haven't decided if i'm going to go w/ an xbow or not. i'll shoot a bow as long as I can though.

my season is going pretty crappy. on my mn land I have 2 spikes on my property and that is it for bucks. seriously. never seen anything like this in the 7 years I've owned the land. haven't seen a rub or a scrape. it doesn't help that the guy with 80 acres to the north of me shot 3 or 4 1.5 year old bucks last year. drives me nuts but it's his right.

in Wisconsin I have about a 95" 8 point hanging around daily and a couple smaller 8's and 7's. that's it there too. I've seen one rub there. last year was a bad year and I had pictures of about half a dozen bucks i'd be willing to shoot.

it's amazing how little buck sign I've seen this year. I've logged lots of miles on about 7 different pieces of private property and have seen a GRAND TOTAL of 3 rubs and no scrapes. I don't get it. 2 years ago I counted over a dozen rubs from one of my stands on October 9th! this year, I can't find any sign at all. I've actually hunted far less this year and spent way more time scouting just to try to find some buck sign. it's like it's august or something.

Last edited by RackLuster; 10-21-2013 at 01:02 PM.