HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ohio early muzzleloader antlerless only weekend- thanks for nothing!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:09 AM
wardam2926
Spike

Default Ohio early muzzleloader antlerless only weekend- thanks for nothing!

This year Ohio added an early muzzleloader, antlerless only season this past weekend. Unfortunately, this weekend also prevented bowhunters from harvesting a buck as it was antlerless only, regardless of whether you were using a muzzleloader or not. As someone who is an avid bowhunter and spends countless hours throughout the year prepping for the season, I thought this was rather ridiculous seeing that they were taking away one of the few weekends bowhunters get to harvest a buck before gun season. Since I had the time, I decided to sit Sunday night thinking it may be a good opportunity to harvest a doe, and believing the odds of getting a crack at a decent buck would be slim. Unfortunately, I had this buck at 30 yards for 5 minutes and had to sit there and watch him walk. Thanks Ohio DNR for nothing. I hope the doe harvest was way down this past weekend and you realize that many bowhunters refused to even go out due to your insane new regulations.
Attached Images