HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Nikon scope problems or just me?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 10:37 AM
bman940
Spike

Murby, you are right in your calculations. The Slughunter scope you have is set for 1/4 inch adjustments at 100 yards or 8 clicks per inch at 5o as you said. How high is the mount ? I know this sounds general, have you checked the mount to make sure it is secure? Did you run out of adjustments or just give up because the rounds were inconsistant in their impact? I have used the Hornaday's and found them to be very good in rifled barrels. Run a bore brush down the barrel and make sure it is clean. I would then suggest shooting at 25 yards, a bit easier to dial in. Check out Spot On and see where it tells you you need to be for a 50 yard zero, then move to 50 yards.
If you can't get it down at 25 do you have another scope you can swap out to see if things are better? I had a similar incident happen last thur., we weren't getting accuracy we expected and guns owner said it was the scope, we swapped out the scope and no change in poor accuracy. Just trying to help you with variables. Please keep me informed and I will help you all that I can.
Bart
[email protected]