HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - team 10 check in
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 11:32 AM
nys-buckstalker
Fork Horn

Good deal super way to recover her. Hate to see good deer meat go to waste. Went out this morning before sun up. sitting in stand listening to birds chirp and turkeys start flying down. Best time of day in my mind. About 730 had a doe with couple fawns come by with a single doe trailing them, just out range but was nice to watch. about 30 mins later a small 4 point buck comes down same path the came down. Thinking to self not a shooter buck buck but lets just see if can call in a little closer. Fawn bleated at him twice and he comes on dead run in to see what is going on. Was like nice. He walks around my stand for about 10 mins. Then all the sudden gets all nervious and jumpy like another buck coming. so I watch and look toward where he is looking. Got 2 coyotes coming down old logging road coming toward us. The buck,he hauls ass out of there. I'm thinking ok just come into range boys we will take care of you. Sure enough 1 decides to stop 30 yds. away broadside, 1 GoldTip 55/75 equipped with a Slick Trick Razor on its way, nails him behind shoulder and he is off running. Goes about 40 yards and drops kicking. other one runs out about 50 yds. and sit down and starts yipping like it lost. It stayed behind brush so couldn't get a clear shot at him too. Brougt it home and skinned it out. Will add it to hides I trap this winter and sell to hide dealer.
Going back out right now to sit in afternoon stand ,will post if any luck.