HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5 check in
Thread: Team 5 check in
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 02:41 PM
razor6570
Fork Horn

Well I normally do not spend to much during the week hunting during the first few weeks of archery season. Well I had off work this past Tuesday so decided to go out in the evening. Well I had a great evening!
25 minutes before dark I look over to see deer coming in my direction. It took about a second to realize a real good buck was coming! He came with in 25 yards but no shot! I had another opening but before I could react he was already through the opening. All I could do then is watch him walk up the mtn.
So I left work early the next day to see if I could get a shot on the buck. I did see 7 but he not with them! I was a bit disappointed to say the least. When I got to my truck last night I notice a flashlight on the ridge! The guy walked up right he was bedded the night before! I felt a sick feeling but not much I can say it is public hunting. I am staying close to that area but I am not pressuring it much. If that hunter did jump him, I am sure he is on high alert now! I have no doubt he is in the area!
He was definitely one the larger bucks I have seen this early in the season. All it does is add to my obsession!!

Hope everyone else is having some luck!