HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Side by Side Soybean Comparison!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 07:38 PM
dogdoc
Spike

I have been planting Eagle Beans for several years. I haven't done any side by side comparisons but I don't need to. When I have soybean plants that produce this much forage I don't think I will change. Not only do I get forage all summer long and until the first frost I always get good pod production also. The deer feed on them all winter until there is not one pod left. Don't know which variety of eagle beans you planted but I have a hard time believing with a plant that tall that you did not get any pod development. You also have to remember the eagle beans were primarily developed for forage however i always get great pod development also. There are different varieties of soybeans that are more for forage and more for pod development and different maturity rates. Eagle Beans were develped to keep producing green forage until the first frost. Check Dr. Grant Wood at growingdeer.tv for all you want to know about soybeans. Disclaimer--Eagle Beans is one of his sponsors but there is some great info in his videos about deer management. Here is a pic of my eagle beans several years ago.

good plotting
todd