HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ground Hunting Tips?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 07:21 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

It is plenty challenging, that is for sure. I like a blind made of 54" high camo burlap fastened to trees or my own 1x2 poles that have spikes in the end - I can sandwich this within a clump of evergreens and can make myself almost invisible. Another way is to build a natural blinds and finish off with some camo burlap on the inside. I have a shooting window in my blind and carry my stuff in a large landscape bucket that has a circular piece of wood on the end - the bucket turned over is my seat and does not make noise like foldup seats can. The burlap blind can also hold in a lot of your scent, but don't depend on it. You can use umbrella type (doghouse) blinds and they will conceal you and your scent, but if you do, I would set them up around noon and take an hour to brush in good and come back in an hour or two to hunt the evening - this worked for me on public land. These umbrella blinds take a lot of space and time to set up and conceal. One thing about ground hunting though - it is pretty exciting to be at the ground level with a deer only yards away!