HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Burned out spot ?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 12:08 PM
thebioplanet
Spike

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
also clear a path in front of where your stand is for the deer to use....give it 20-30yds in a good position for shooting and or clear shooting lanes from your stand to where you see the deer trails or the trail you make. The deer WILL use it. looks like you have some bait out...just freshen it up with apples and a gravity feeder...you can make a cheap gravity feeder by getting some black corrugated rain gutter pipe cut to a 4' length and tie to a tree...then fill it with corn. The deer usually will hog it all down in few days and if someone steals it...you are only out a few$ Scent does come into play but crashing around prob doesn't help...deer patterns do change a little with food availability and pressure. but typically the come back if theres food. I am not seeing many bucks around where I have my stand...but I know they are around...
Yes i put some oats mixed with corn and a sugary mixture not sure what it is, and I also put apples, they eat the grain as fast as i can put it there (usually go every week, and bring some in my back pack every time I go hunt), the still eat the apples but after. Very good idea for the feeder.