HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Side by Side Soybean Comparison!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 07:19 PM
jeo1968
Spike

Default my take is...

I've been involved with trials and testing multiple companies food plot products for years and have developed a few of my own. I also was active with some University research and here is what i caution everyone.

You need any product to be tested in multiple locations with a variety of soil types. You also need to run a test more than one growing season as there are weather and other variables that come into play.

I always look for consistency for products and you never will win them all. Your picture showed at this one trial that there was a difference. Eagle beans are pretty darn consistent and thats what so many people buy them. Sure, i think i found a bean that might be one of the best on the market at an incredible price point but I also know that i need way more repetitions.

My 2nd point is one cant just measure a product by a visual. When you run equipment through your plots, tonnage per acre can't be measured by height alone. Also, i look at the total nutrient, energy and protein units per acre. So many look at tonnage or quality but with so many plots being smaller in size, i believe we need total units produced per acre as a measurement.