HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:25 PM
westtexducks
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ahunter55
Now adays, I doubt all the free range hunters are hunting a property over 200 to 400 private acres if they are lucky-in the midwest anyway. Hell, many of todays hunters get lost if it's over 100 acres unless they have their GPS, trail cameras, Buck Lure & food plots. yea, it's fair chase these days. In fact, it's so fair (free range) that guy's have a hit list & their Bucks have names.. You can condem others all you want, but when many look in their bag of tricks their not much above hunting a fence..
Yep.
Haven't read the rest of this thread, but I will address the OP. I will openly admit that I am from Texas, I have and do hunt on a highfence every year. Said high fence encloses 50,000 acres, and also get to hunt a low fence property with 30,000 acres. Said property has no exotics, no farming/breeding, only native deer doing there thing. The highfence is a highfence for one purpose and one purpose only, and that is to gain the ability to become an MLD 3 property for both Whitetails and Muleys.

Now you have exhibited an extreme amount of ignorance on this topic, until you have experienced a high fence like the one I have hunted on then you have no friggin clue what you are talking about. Are you honestly going to compare a 50,000 acre highfence to a 20 acre pen? That make no sense at all you know how big 50,000 acres is? That is 78 SQ miles, yes I said 78 SQ MILES or another way of putting it is not quite 9 miles by 9 miles square with no fences on the inside just around the perimeter. You honestly think a deer in the interior of that ranch knows he is in a highfence? Heck he will not ever see that fence in his lifetime.
2nd Many of the deer species in Texas that are free roaming, (just like yalls hogs) are free ranging with self sustaining populations aka Axis, Blackbuck, Fallow, and several others. Also you know what all of these have in common? They are all non African, think India instead lol. Also I bet you were one of the sorry suckers that supported Congresses legislating exotics in Texas last year weren't you? You know what that directly led to? It led to a species that is Extinct in its home country almost getting wiped off the face of the earth because it was no longer profitable to keep it. So why keep it? Also unless you have ever hunted a free range Auodad in the Davis Mts you sir have no freaking clue what hunting is. For that is as close to real hunting as you can get.
3rd Why do you care if deer are shot out of a pickup or out of a stand? Either way you are both doing the same thing, sitting on your arse waiting to see game, nothing sporting about either you are shooting game coming to you or you going to it, big freaking whoop. And also how else do plan on shooting the amount of does that is required for keeping an MLD property healthy? Only way to do that is to hunt out of a hightop and shooting every doe you see that day until you are out of tags.
I will return to address other issues in a bit after I read the rest of the thread so this will do for now.