HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The wheels might have to come out.
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 05:39 PM
burniegoeasily
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Sorry to hear about the hand. In my opinion and trust me I'm no doc but wouldn't the same issue arise when drawing a compound? I know it's tough and being a traditional archer you may feel a little uneasy but would think a xbow would allow you to continue hunting and not cause you the pain. I traded my bow in a few years ago after my father had both shoulders done with surgery so he could continue.
I can draw with my wrist and pull the trigger on my release with my index finger. I always keep a compound ready for emergencies. About five years ago i broke my middle finger and had to go with the compound. Its just not the same with a compound. I started in the 70s with a longbow and have used a compound just a few times. I might see if i can draw and shoot my trad bows with a wrist release. I remember back in the early 80s target shooters using flipper rests with recurves. I might even make a thumb ring and see how that works. Its been years since I've shot with a thumb ring but its worth a try. The problem with my hand affects my middle, ring, and pinky fingers.