HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weatherby PA-08 Upland shotgun
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 05:34 AM
huntingkidPA
Typical Buck

Default Weatherby PA-08 Upland shotgun

I was at field and stream the other day and i noticed this shotgun and the $400 dollar price tag on it. Out of all the shotguns this one caught my eye. The wood and blueing on it is so nice, and i really like how they engraved weatherby into the receiver. It shouldered really nice and just felt good. I'm thinking about getting this for my dad for christmas, but if i have the money early, during hunting season.

Does anyone on here own one or shot them? They look like they are higher quality than other shoguns in that price range and i always heard weatherby is a good brand. I also have another question. I live in PA and you have to be 18 to buy a gun. I want this to be a complete surprise for my dad. I was thinking of having my friend who is 18, buy the gun for me since i won't be 18 till after christmas. My other friend said the gun would be registered in his name though. I thought i heard somewhere that they delete the registration on the gun after being in the system for a month. I don't know if thats true or its for handguns or what. any idea?