HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buyin from walmart
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:46 AM
RobertSubnet
Nontypical Buck

For what it's worth to me: I like to see guns in every mainstream store that I can. Keeping the average person used to being in proximity with firearms is good for our industry. They might not like guns, might not own guns, might not support the RIGHT to own guns, but the more times I walk by my neighbors pitbull and it doesn't bite me (she's actually quite the doll), the less I expect EVERY pitbull to bite me.
Completely agree. A part of the fear of guns is that they are not commonly seen. A kitchen knife can easily kill. Part of why we do not fear them is because we see them so often. If I am not mistaken this is part of the reason for the open-carry movement. Firearm advocates want the general public to see firearms more often and open carry where legal is a good way to do this.

Regarding the original topic: I once purchased a Marlin .22 magnum at a Wal-mart. It was an outstanding shooter and as far as I knew the rifle was true to any other rifle of the same model. I sold the rifle but only to fund a different purchase. I would not hesitate to buy from Wal-mart in the future.