HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Moving to Chicago, IL from SC
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 06:24 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Zim knows his stuff and I'd be happy to help as well. I've talked to Zim on this website and I think we hunt similar spots, he hunts a little bit more public than I do but I do hunt a decent amount of public land. I live in downtown Chicago and still find public land to hunt within an hour of the city. I hunt mainly deer and Pheasants and would be happy to point you in the right direction. There are places to hunt and some big deer, you just have to put in the leg work and do your research. Unfortunately if you shotgun deer hunt the drawing for public land is done and there isn't much left but for bowhunting you still have plenty of time. The good thing is we do have some GIANT bucks in this state. There are 200 inch deer in this state, you just have to work for them! The bow shop I use is about 35 miles south of Chicago, there are closer ones but I really the way this one operates with my Mathews. There is a little known Archery Range on the Lake Front that is very cheap. You get a key to it and can go shoot whenever you like. Let me know if you need help with anything and I'd be happy to give my .02. Good Luck!