HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Silent WNY Turkeys??
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Charlie P
Boone & Crockett

Hunted 6 out of the last seven days in southern NY. called one if for my son on Wednesday morning at 5:54 then had birds working and got cut off by hens. Moved and called in three jakes.

Thursday morning three gobbles on the roost in a different spot one gobble at 10:00 then nothing left woods at 11:45.

Friday not one gobble all day left woods at 11:30 walked about 6 miles.

Saturday had Toms in the field that flew down basically with hens. Not a gobble after 6:20.

Roosted some birds Saturday night hunted them Sunday morning gobbled in the tree and about ten times after they hit the ground, then nothing hunted till about 10:30

Monday went Walleye fishing caught limit.

This morning set up where I had scouted a nice bird before the season, Toms and Jakes Gobbling hens calling to them. Had a hen fly down about 50 yards from me heard 5 other birds fly down. Then I see two hens with the Tom strutting behind them. Ten minutes later three hens come out of the woods I call and they get all excited start coming my way. BOOM another hunter drops the Tom in his tracks about a 120 yards away and all the other birds fly by me. Didn't know the other guys were there. Not a dangerous situation plenty of stuff between us and I didn't hear any bird shot coming my way. That's hunting state land. Must have come in from the other road there were no cars were I park.

Birds are definitely henned up.