HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What does everybody want in their perfect treestand?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:13 AM
tcshooter
Spike

For those that have never tried it, you ought to expand your horizons a bit. I hunted on the ground all my life and just within the last year started using tree stands. I'm not always in the mood to sit in a tree, but there's a time and place for everything. If you never climb up, you really have no idea what you're missing.

I use a double ladder stand hog hunting. If you know you've got one good spot they're good, but as mentioned they are a two man job to set up. Once set up, you'll be in no hurry to move it and I find that taking it down is harder than setting it up. I've used cheap single ladder stands before and there really wasn't much to commend them.

I really prefer my climber. Seat is comfy for long periods of time and I can put it as high or low as I want, or move it around the tree. It's quiet and stable. For what it's worth I read a lot of reviews and opinions, then bought a Summit. Buy what you think is best for you and if it works, great. If not, try another.