HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What does everybody want in their perfect treestand?
Old 05-03-2013, 05:15 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

Gee.....guess I'm one of the few that can sit up in my ladder stand in a tree most of the day watching the Deer move,and see the Turkeys and Coyotes and enjoy it and never get enough of it?

Ladder Stand,one that has a good size seat that is comfortable,folds up out of the way if I'm Bow Hunting,has arm rails and a removeable or folding shooting rail,a good large platform to stand up on is nice to have also and an area to put my back pack under or beside me,a nice pair of side saddle bags is a plus for storage also.A good sturdy ladder is most desireable with wide steps and it can be broken down easily to haul or move to a different with minimal effort.

Hang-On Stand....I like one that is light weight,easy to carry or haul and has 2 solid areas on the back of it to strap against a tree with 2 ratchets for added strength and safety,a large padded seat with arm rails for longer sits,and it could be folded up and back for extra room when Bow Hunting,a larger platform for standing on is a plus also.

Climbing Stand...light weight,easy to carry,larger seat and platform to stand on and a rail going around the top section for added safety and resting.

Don't get me wrong,I love to go out and do some still Hunting or simply sit under a nice Big Tree and wait fo Deer....but being elevated in some type of stand with my scent off the ground and a further field of view gives me an added edge over the Deer I hunt,6 Big Bucks on the wall and several European Mounts are proof enough at this Hunters House!