HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's the best big game hunting broadhead?
Old 04-29-2013, 04:42 PM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

45+ years of bowhunting experience I have used several different types of BHs. I've even tried the hyped up mechanicals. Some BHs. I've used were the original Bear Razorhead, Muzzy 4 blade and 3 blade, Magnus Stingers, Muzzy Phantoms, G5-T3s, Rage, NAP Bloodrunners, Slick Trick Razor Trick and Slick Trick Viper Trick.
Out of all of these I've had the most success with the Magnus Stinger. I shot 7 buck with these BHs and every one died within sight of my treestand. I've also taken 2 bison with them. The only drawback with them is that they are not a very sturdy BH. They fly great out of the package but its hard to tell when they get misaligned and fly erratic. This is the reason - and the only reason I went to the Slick Trick Viper Trick. It has a much stronger steel ferrule and the thick blades are aligned with the cutting edge on the ferrule with a very similar profile to the Stinger. The STs also fly exceptionally well and out of a tuned bow will impact at the same point as a field tip. Personally I like a fixed blade BH and just have not yet got that warm fuzzy feeling with mechanicals.

Last edited by bronko22000; 04-29-2013 at 04:45 PM.