HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Went Spinning this morning..very pleasant day..
Old 04-15-2013, 06:41 AM
Gangly
Nontypical Buck

Thats a stout pan fish tackle setup you hav Chuck. I have some similar items and fish them on a Gander Mountain Ultra Light setup. A good sized crappie makes for a REALLY fun fight on the Ultra Light rod . I usually have a tiny crank, small grub worm, rooster tail, hand tied crappie jig, or minnow hooked up (not in that order). That crappie bite is picking up here, but the weather fluctuations have scattered them pretty good and we cant seem to find them congregated in one particular location. You will get one of the first "cast" then nothing for another 30 minutes. Go to another spot, get one of the first cast, and then nothing again. It seems like you are moving from hole to hole and picking up one here and one there. Im thinking I might have to bite the bullet and dedicate an entire day to it just to fill up the ice chest. However, its hard to dedicate that much time to it when you know the possibility of striking out for a full day is very real.

Anyways, good luck to you Chuck, be sure to take some pictures!