HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Went Spinning this morning..very pleasant day..
Old 04-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

I WENT TO WALMART TO BUY SOME DEEP DIVING MINNOW..I GOT 3 Rebels and 2 Rapalas..supposed to go down 9 foot..that would do the trick...I have a trout fishing vest I use when pan fishing..I leave the tackle bag and all bass rods home..the pockets are huge..I have about 8 small Plano boxes in the pockets...needle nosed pliars and my camera...I love the vest..

Here's what I got in the boxes to cover all pan fish.

A. Shad darts. Grubs. Tiny floater cranks like you sent mr Aaron

B hooks , split shots and small bobbers

C, Bass fly bugs

D bluegill bugs

E Spinners...rooster tail and panther Martin

F. Mepps Comet spinners

G Deep diving 2 inch minnows

H tiny rattle traps

The vest goes a little past my belt and is a xxx big...I hope I can still wear it next year..I've already lost 15 pounds this month riding a bike and eatting smart...

I also wanted to buy another 5 1/2 foot light Ugly Stick but they were out..that little rod is awesome...had mine over 12 years...still looks and fishes perfectly...my other rods are medium ...they aren't much fun on panfish

I also need to say that the Rooster Tail is no longer my go to spinner...Panther Martins hold up much longer...and simply catch more panfish..The Rooster hackles disappear just by sitting..the hair seems to rot...not a fan anymore...As big cranks catch big bass..I think little cranks catch big panfish....

Last edited by Chuck7; 04-14-2013 at 12:48 PM.