HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hogs and water?
Thread: Hogs and water?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:55 PM
weekender
Spike

Default Hogs and water?

Hogs sure don't mind water. This spot has been flooded since the big rains in January but it don't seem to bother the bigger hogs. Some of the little fellars didn't manage too well but the big hogs have no trouble feeding in a foot of water. Watch the brindle colored hog in the lower right corner of the screen. I thought it was a dead perfect shot with an exit right at the elbow on the opposite side. I tracked this hog over 300 yds through a 7 yr cut down with 10 ft high briars. Not what I was planning. This boar weighed 130# and has been fine eating for us and the neighbors. There was another boar dragging back about 50# bigger than this one but I had already been busted twice on this evenings hunt by swirling winds and I took the first good shot offered at a decent boar. I drug him through the briars with just my belt for 250 yds till I hit my walk in trail. My wife met me there a while later with this orange kids snow sled I found on the side of the road. I estimate it took 1/4 the effort to drag the hog on the sled vs without. It really amazed me how much diffence it made. This was the first time I had a chance to try it out since I found it. I will post another video in this thread showing how I load the hogs on a 4 wheeler by myself. Of course you have to be able to get the 4 wheeler to the hog first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xx4huhyRvY