Old 04-08-2013, 09:46 AM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Catus Magnus View Post
I'll do it: it's none of the gubmint's damned business what a free man eats, drinks, smokes, or grows in his garden. that, and the War on (some) Drugs is a freakin' disaster. From weekly SWAT to forfeiture booty, it's a bad deal for free men. It's a fine boondoggle for lots of gov't fiefdoms & LE.

The problem with weed, in particular, is the war is so out of proportion to any 'harm', and the difficulty in overcoming it is... waaaay too many people make bank (see the boondoggle list above, and cartels in Mexico)
Well, that explains your opinion on the subject but doesn't give BigBuck22's. I asked BigBuck22 because he has been arguing this topic for the last several pages and it's sometimes simpler to ask why somebody thinks their opinion is right than to debate a 100 or so examples that have varying degrees of pertinence to the subject.

I noticed in your above quoted post that you mention the war on "some drugs." This would seem to beg the question of whether you think the government should restrict at least some "other" drugs or not. You obviously don't think marijuana should be restricted but are there other drugs you do think should be restricted?